Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Hello everyone! :)

  I'm finally back from my challenge time out, actually a bit earlier from what I've expected. As I have no need to wear my University suit again, I can paint my nails as I want now! Ain't that great? And we are back to the challenge! Well, my last post about this challenge was Day 9 - Rainbow Nails, and today's post is all about gradient, my DAY 10 - GRADIENT NAILS! I could've made some simple gradient nails, but you already know me, I like to complicate things. So these gradient nails are inspired by the end of the summer, and a beautiful sunset. They're like a "GOODBYE SUMMER" nails, unfortunately. 


  I've already explained how to make gradient nails on previous post: Gradient Nails. So in this tutorial I won't be explaining how I've made the gradient.

  To make this design you will need:
a) Base coat;
b) Yellow nail polish;
c) Orange Nail polish;
d) Dark pink/Red nail polish;
e) Blue nail polish;
f) Black nail polish;
g) Makeup sponge;
h) Striping brush/Tiny brush for details.

  All you must do is: 


1) Take a good care of your nails and cuticles and apply a base coat. Paint your nails one coat of white nail polish, to make your base color for your gradient.
2) Cover your skin and cuticles with scotch tape so it'll be easier to clean your skin after you've made the gradient.
3) Make a cute gradient using yellow, orange, red and blue nail polish, using the colors on this order (Again, here's the Gradient Nails tutorial).
4) After removing the scotch tape, clean out your skin and cuticles. Now, with a striping brush or a tiny brush for details, draw a banana shape on your nail.
5) To make the dolphin you just need to add some details like a nose, a flipper, a dorsal fin and the flukes. After it all dried, apply a top coat to protect your design. On my thumb nail, I've made a little island with a palm tree, but as they're even easier to make than the dolphin, I decided that there was no need to make a tutorial.

  Super easy, and super cute. Thanks for watching!

  Kisses, 
  Patrícia :)


No comments:

Post a Comment