Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

Hello everyone! :)

  First of all, I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't make this post earlier today, but this is the only time I've got to come here. Well, today is Day 9 - Rainbow Nails! I've already made a design inspired by rainbows (Rainbow Nails), so I thought I could make something really different and cool today. So, I've made a fully hand-made gradient rainbow nails. Check it out below:


  Usually, I make gradient nail using a makeup sponge, but, as this rainbow effect is so detailed, I decided to make it only with brushes. And in the end, it was not hard at all. 

  All you need is:
a) Base coat;
b) Rainbows colors nail polishes (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple);
c) Top coat;
d) Striping brush;
e) Something where you can mix up your color without making a mess, like a plastic plate.

  And everything you need to do is: 


1) Take a good care of your nails, and apply a base coat to protect your natural nail. I haven't used a base color before painting these colors, because I had no need to that. Paint a single stripe of each rainbow color, I've used a light green and a light blue to help me mixing up my colors.
2) After letting it all dry, you'll:
  1 - Mix up your red and your orange and paint it between the red and the orange stripes;
  2 - Mix up your orange and your yellow and paint it between the orange and the yellow stripes;
  3 - Mix up your yellow and green (light green in my case) and paint it between the yellow and the green stripes;
  4 - Mix up your green and your blue (light blue in my case) and paint it between the green and the blue stripes;
  5 - Mix up your blue and purple and paint it between the blue and the purple stripes. 
Make it look like a great gradient effect. After drying, apply top coat. 

  It's not hard at all, all you need to do is to mix up some polishes and that's it. Thanks everyone.

  Kisses, 
  Patrícia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment