Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 7 - Black and White Nails

Hello everyone! :)

 Well, as you can tell it's impossible for me to come here everyday, so I've decided that's I'll be posting my nails once each couple of days... So, today's challenge is: DAY 7 - Black and White Nails! And I've loved doing them. Black and white are the colors that have so much to draw about... So many choices, so many design that you can choose, it's amazing. Well, for these nails I've inspired myself in a checkers board, but still, I wanted to make my nails look like a bit different from checkers... This is how they look like: 


  Why not a black and white gradient similar to a checkers pattern? Awesome right?

  To do these nails you will need:
a) Base coat;
b) White nail polish and/or acrylic paint;
c) Black nail polish or acrylic paint;
d) Top coat;
e) Makeup sponge;
f) Striping brush.

  And all you need to do is:


1) Take care of your nail and apply a base coat. Paint your nail with white, as your base color.
2) With your makeup sponge, make a white to black gradient on your nail. Start with painting the bottom half of your nail black, and then the top half white. For these nails I've used acrylic paint 'cause it's easier to work with. But, if you don't want to use acrylic paint, you can add a few drops of nail polish remover or acetone to your nail polish, and it will also become a little thinner.
3) After removing all the polish around your cuticles, get your striping brush and make a few vertical stripes, all evenly spaced.
4) Now, make some horizontal stripes to make some small squares. Apply a top coat to seal your design.

  Impossible to be easier. Thanks everyone! 

  Kisses, 
  Patrícia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment