Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Square Nails and Manicure

Hello everyone! 

   And welcome November! I hope you all had a great week and you're living a happy life!

   Last week, in my previous post, Red Nails, I told you all that I decided to change the shape of my nails from rounded or oval that I usually wear, to square. As you all know, there are a lot of shapes that you can give to your nail, but I really thing that this is something that only you should judge and only you should choose what you should or shouldn't wear. You have to think about your life style, you have to think if you usually wear short nails or long nails, if you have strong or weak nails, and so on... You can choose between square, squoval, rounded, oval, almond, ballerina or stiletto nails, or even another one that I haven't named.
From Eyeheartpolish
   Regardless of the shape you give to your nail, you must be sure that you give your nails a proper treatment. You must keep them moisturized, clean and filed. You should let your nails breathe for once in a while. I usually stay a couple of days with no polish to let them breathe. 
   Here are my natural nails after a manicure:

   To do a proper manicure you should follow a few steps:
  1. Remove your old nail polish, if you had one.
  2. Cut your nails with nail clippers (if you want to, you can skip this step - I never cut my nails) and file them the shape you wish them to have. Make sure you don't cut your nails way too short, leaving at least a small tip of white nail. Do not file your nail too harshly. Gently pull your nail file across the nail.
  3. Buff your nails. Buff the surface of your nails a little bit, to smooth it and make it even. Remember to not buff your nail too much, or you will weaken them.
  4. Wash your hands to remove any dirt, dead skin or dust that would be on your nails.
  5. Push your cuticles. Apply a cuticle cream/oil or a cuticle dissolver and gently push them with a cuticle pusher. Do not remove your cuticles!
  6. Moisturize your skin, nails and cuticles. Apply some lotion around that area and gently massage it. Use hand cream to keep your skin beautiful.
  7. After this step you can re-paint your nails or you can let them breathe. 

   My nails aren't perfectly squared yet because I had oval nails, but I'll keep getting them filed so they get the perfect shape. 
   
   Hope you've enjoyed this post.

   Kisses,
   Patrícia





No comments:

Post a Comment